Action! Reaction! A film blog covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Street Preacher op-ed, 02/10/2009


The Street Preacher has been busy, very busy.

If you haven't already noticed, the YouTube channel is back up, or rather, has returned (hence, "TheReactionReturns"). The massive uploadage took a lot out of me, even with the admittedly conveinent bulk-uploader-plugin courtesy of Youtube (thx). This time around, I'm much more keen to what I can get away with and what I can't, and I've figured out which movie studios to look out for (it's a very, very complicated game, but I think I've got the basic ins and outs of dodging who I need to dodge and so on). Hopefully, this time, we won't go under, and The Action Reaction can bring you the action you so greatly deserve (or are not getting, but I digress).

Anyway, news, as usual, has been slow, but then again I've been busy with school and as always habitually lazy, so this point is contentious to its own end. Some quick notes include the recent Van Damme interview(s) (---yes, there are two links there) explaining why he won't join The Expendables and why and how he wants to do a second Bloodsport and so on. To this I say more power to him, as he's truly dedicated to reinventing himself, mostly on a part of his son that was taken away from him (a truth most sorely referenced in J.C.V.D.). But then again, he's kind of got the crazy, Seagal-esque thing going on right now. In other words, turning down The Expendables may have not been the best idea (and rigidly anti-awesome at that). But of course I believe in Jean-Claude, in the same way I believe in Harvey Dent, even if we all know what happens to the latter.

Another piece of news worthy of mention is this, and that's all I'm going to say about that, for now. Goodness.

Moving on, there is also a new poll (the former poll coming in with a whopping three votes), if you haven't noticed. I was inspired in finally getting around to watching the Resident Evil series, which, as bad/terrible/frightening-terrible as it can be, is also a complete riot, the second one especially. And with watching the Resident Evil series came a new obsession with yet another actress-- inevitable, for anyone really: the tantalizing Michelle Rodriguez (who's website you will now find on the sidebar, f.y.i.). As one commentor said on some YouTube video featuring her, "I'd drink her bathwater." I would, too.

Clips from Resident Evil and other action films will be posted in the next video round-up, which should be next week at the latest. Oh jeez and I almost forgot:

Inglourious Basterds promo:





And a new poster for the completely unnecessary, bastardizing, and predictably-trashy remake of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three:





And even after this, I will still like Tony Scott (why?? I don't know!).



~ Street Preacher out!

No comments:




Thanks for visiting!