Action! Reaction! A film blog covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to the Action Reaction: a blog, as I say in the description, "covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies." I have established this to critique and celebrate that genre, reviewing new films and revisiting old ones, from the epic entertainment experiences of Terminator 2 or the recent Dark Knight, to trashy unknowns starring retired football players like Brian Bosworth, and everything in between. From kung-fu, to blaxploitation, to the modern tread of remakes, I hope to cover it all, and expand my own film knowledge in the process. I will post whatever pertinent news I can find, and review as many films as I can, tossing in features--like the new poll, and the Youtube page--with hopefully some frequency. My goal is to post at least once a week, and depending on the 'reaction' from whatever readers I may gain, that goal may fluctuate. Either way, I hope to make this a worthwhile read for anyone who happens to stop by, bringing you a reaction to Action of all kinds.

I'm going to experiment with the poll, keeping it open for a month, we'll see how it goes. But regardless please vote for your favorite action star!--my own is the 'muscles from Brussels'--and hopefully you can find yours in the list. And on that note, to start I want to make a list of both action stars and action directors, just to set the stage. By "star," I obviously mean both male and female, and in both leading and supporting roles--in other words, anyone who stars in a lot of action movies. The same more or less applies to the directors. Here is what I was able to come up with:

Action Stars--

Christian Bale
Antonio Banderas
Kate Beckinsale
Michael Biehn
Charles Bronson
Pierce Brosnan
Nicolas Cage
David Carradine
Jackie Chan
Sonny Chiba
Sean Connery
Kevin Costner
Daniel Craig
Tom Cruise
Mark Dacascos
Timothy Dalton
Matt Damon
Vin Diesel
Kirk Douglas
Michael Douglas
Michael Dudikoff
Clint Eastwood
Douglas Fairbanks
Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
Brendan Fraser
Bridget Fonda
Harrison Ford
Errol Flynn
Mel Gibson
Summer Glau
Danny Glover
Pam Grier
Gene Hackman
Mark Hamill
Linda Hamilton
Daryl Hannah
Charlton Heston
Samuel L. Jackson
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
Angelina Jolie
Tommy Lee Jones
Milla Jovovich
Tchéky Karyo
Shia LaBeouf
Christopher Lambert
Lucy Lawless
Brandon Lee
Bruce Lee
Tony Leung
Jet Li
Gordon Liu
Lucy Liu
Dolph Lundgren
Lee Marvin
Steve McQueen
Toshirō Mifune
Ralf Moeller
Roger Moore
Eddie Murphy
Chuck Norris
Clive Owen
Daniel Radcliffe
Christopher Reeve
Keanu Reeves
Jean Reno
Richard Roundtree
Kurt Russell
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Steven Seagal
Robin Shou
Christian Slater
Will Smith
Wesley Snipes
Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Sharon Stone
Kiefer Sutherland
Patrick Swayze
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
Uma Thurman
Karl Urban
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jesse Ventura
Denzel Washington
John Wayne
Carl Weathers
Sigourney Weaver
Peter Weller
Michael Jai White
Fred Williamson
Bruce Willis
Michelle Yeoh
Bolo Yeung
Chow Yun-Fat

Action Directors--

Robert Aldrich
Paul W.S. Anderson
John G. Avildsen
John Badham
Michael Bay
Uwe Boll
Jan De Bont
Tim Burton
James Cameron
Martin Campbell
John Carpenter
Rob Cohen
Michael Curtiz
Andrew Davis
Richard Donner
Roland Emmerich
John Frankenheimer
William Friedkin
Antoine Fuqua
Guy Hamilton
Renny Harlin
Howard Hawks
Peter Hyams
Peter Jackson
Akira Kurosawa
Ringo Lam
Mark L. Lester
Doug Liman
George Lucas
McG
John McTiernan
John Milius
George Miller
Jonathan Mostow
Christopher Nolan
Philip Noyce
Brian De Palma
Sam Peckinpah
Wolfgang Petersen
Sam Raimi
Brett Ratner
Robert Rodriguez
Ridley Scott
Tony Scott
Steven Soderbergh
Stephen Sommers
Steven Spielberg
Oliver Stone
Quentin Tarantino
Gore Verbinski
Paul Verhoeven
Larry and Andy Wachowski
William A. Wellman
John Woo
Edgar Wright
Terence Young
Ronny Yu



Check out IMDb for more info on any of them.



I feel I've made a pretty comprehensive list, at least in a mainstream sense, but if you know of more feel free to leave a comment. While I still get this blog together, please take the time to visit the Youtube page, vote in the poll, or visit the links I've listed--especially in the film criticism section. They are a good bunch of websites with particularly valuable news and opinions on film, and I check them daily. You can contact me at the new email address (TheActionReaction@gmail.com) and I will do my best to get back to you. Otherwise, I hope to post again soon. In other words, "I'll be back."

No comments:




Thanks for visiting!