Action! Reaction! A film blog covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fighter trailer

From Twitch and /Film, a trailer for Natasha Arthy's Fighter, which, based on their descriptions, can best be described as a Danish coming-of-age film with Crouching-Tiger-esque action sequences.




I had never heard of the film until I came across it over on Slash, so I did a little poking around after my initial interest. First and foremost, star Semra Turan is actually a martial arts expert, which is always a plus. The plot addition of a love story is a little disappointing--a straight up, but serious/dramatic take on a martial arts film would be immensely refreshing at this point, and especially one with a female lead. Either way, Fighter looks to be definitely above-grade, and the trailer, which Twitch calls, "misleading but awesome" does look to be about that. I'll keep my eyes out for the DVD release.

Also--here's the poster:


No comments:




Thanks for visiting!