Action! Reaction! A film blog covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Action Reaction is like a Nuclear Reactor, only not

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY NOTICED, things have been slowing down here at The Action Reaction here, oh, for about a year now. I've converted to Tumblrism and now run a blog (or two) over there, letting this little thing wither away.

That said, I'm still going to try to go out with a bang, albeit a very slow, longwinded one. Earlier this year, in anticipation for The Expendables, I had started writing a series on who I consider to be the twelve biggest action heroes of the modern era. Though I've only officially completed two essays (which includes watching all one of one's filmography, mind you), I still plan to finish them all someday, and post them here. I'll be sharing the first of the pieces--on Jean-Claude Van Damme--pretty shortly here followed up with one on Brandon Lee. From there, I guess I'll be posting 'em when I got 'em, hopefully to your reading pleasure.

Though this blog may be on its way out, my love for the genre and the people who make it happen is most certainly not, and I will continue to support them in any way I can. I feel the best way I can accomplish such is to celebrate them on a stage usually reserved for the most prestigious... honest-to-God film criticism and anaylsis. My essays will offer genuine insights in the actors' careers--past, present, and future--and hopefully shine some respect on the men and women and the genre as a whole.

So, I guess that's it. Quit my putsyin' around. Without further adieu, may I present to you, THE UNEXPENDABLES: The Last Action Heroes and their Legacies:


Thank you and goodnight.

~ Patrick D. Fryberger

No comments:




Thanks for visiting!