Action! Reaction! A film blog covering the banished and ever-lowly genre of action movies.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The 'Other' Anderson


An intriguing/decent-enough piece on Paul W.S. Anderson's (yes, the other Anderson) sci-fi horror classic Event Horizon (and yes, I did say classic). Courtesy of The Quietus.

Which reminds me...

I never remembered to post this even better article from IFC on the man that is the darkside of the Anderson. Trash, yes, but fun, inspired, oftentimes dark trash, almost a modernized Roger Corman (Death Races withstanding). His most recent production, Pandorum, was brutally overlooked in my mind. Tons of fun.

Source: IMDb baby.

2 comments:

Poetrash said...

Pandering to your audience! Also, re: a new Roger Corman, Roger Corman's Death Race 2000 became Anderson' Death Race and they're both a load of delicious crap!

Pat F. said...

More like pandering to myself. And yes, I knew of the direct connection between the two but the more general comparison still stands--Anderson's dropped back into the Producer's chair and is seeing that his (signature) shit gets made one way or another!




Thanks for visiting!